Sunday, February 12, 2012

It's Science...

Last night Busy and I decided to do a little science experiment. They have been talking about snow in school for the last few weeks and they finally got to see real snow the other day! On the way home yesterday she was telling me that it only snows when it is really cold. Continuing the cold discussion, I then attempted to explain freezing when I decided to show her instead. So last night before bed we filled a glass bowl with water and put it outside. I asked her what she thought would happen to the water in the cold. Her response was "I think the birds are going to drink it!" Trying not to laugh out loud I told her that was a great prediction and that we would have to wait until morning to find out.

Skip ahead to morning, and she takes her daddy out to check on the bowl. He brings it in and asks her what happened. She says "the water froze to ice!" Daddy says "You're right! It's science!" to which she responds "no... it's ice."  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! She is awesome! I have never been convinced she is that actual age she's supposed to be- she's just too darn clever!

    ReplyDelete