Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Under the Sea

Since we aren't going to make it to the beach this summer, I decided to bring the beach to us. During the Beans' morning nap, Busy and I were busy (no pun intended) creating an ocean. We made a giant squid, shark and coral. Then we needed an ocean in which to put our sea creatures so we made one under the dining room table. It's just like the forts my brother and I used to make with our mom, but instead of camping, we went swimming!

<---- This is our shark. Busy was very proud of her gluing abilities :) She used the white school glue and now says the she is too big to use glue sticks. This craft is from http://almostunschoolers.blogspot.com/

This is our coral. It's very realistic, I know.->
I always save tp and paper towel rolls for such random crafts.


This is the giant squid. I think it looks super cute. We used a cut egg carton and google eyes for eyes and stuffed it with plastic Kroger bags. I got this craft idea from http://megduerksen.typepad.com/




And this is our ocean!!! I hung the creatures from the table, threw a blue sheet over the table and a brown one on the floor. Busy just had to put on her swim suit and Pink joined us of course. We even had a snack in the ocean! She is also insisting we leave it up so her friends can play :)

No comments:

Post a Comment