Sunday, August 5, 2012

Medicine Cabinet Makeover

As I type this, I am realizing that I enter posts on this blog like I have a gaggle of followers! In all reality, I think I have 6. Yes, 6. So I guess this post (and all of the other project posts) may not be necessary, but so what. This is for the 6 of you who read these :)




This is the plain ugliness that has been our medicine cabinets for the last 7 years. I don't know if it's from spending too much time on Pinterest or looking through magazines or being in friend's houses, but I have started to come down with a little bit of house envy. There are so many things that I want to do to my house. It won't all happen unless the Pin Oak in my yard starts to drop money instead of annoying acorns, but a girl can dream. So this is what I started with. I then taped the edges of the door, cleaned out the cabinet and washed all surfaces.





I primed the door and the back of the cabinet. Once dry, I painted the back wall of the cabinet to match the color on our bathroom walls. Then I painted the door with two coats of chalkboard paint. Apparently you can't write on the chalkboard for like a week so I'll show that picture later.










I bought some wire desk organization baskets and spray painted them white. This is what I ended up with, and I quite like it.

So there you have it. The 6 of you may now be inspired :)

No comments:

Post a Comment