Saturday, September 8, 2012

Henry's Ark

Bare with me on my quick trip down memory lane...When I was dating my now husband, I came to Louisville to visit him the summer after college. The first day I was here, we headed out to a place called Henry's Ark. At the time I had no idea what I was in for, so let me paint the background. After a quick stop at Kroger to buy mini carrots, we pull up and cross over the cattle rails into the rocky "parking lot." We are greeted by a tall, rather creepy looking, emu who does not know the meaning of personal space. As I look up, I see a farm, and as we walk through, I am met with hungry goats, birds, yaks, zebras, camels, alpacas, bunnies, cats, bison, deer, donkeys, capybaras and llamas. And the only thing going through my mind is 'I am in love with this man!' He knows me so well that the first place he takes me when I come to visit is a giant petting zoo! Over the last 7 years we have gone together, we have gone with out of town guests and now we go with our kids. And every time I go I still love it. Sometimes the animals are hungry and aggressive trying to get to your bag of carrots and sometimes they just don't care. But I always love it.
with Joseph and Faith (from Memphis)





Busy loved it from an early age
Wip "protecting" her from a hungry goat




with daddy on a cool day


play group at Henry's Ark


I promise I did not see this coming








With Uncle Scott, Aunt Amy and cousin Bailey

Beans' first trip to HA (that Alpaca looks suspicious)






No comments:

Post a Comment