Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Getting Rid of the Snoofles

A few weeks ago I posted about how I got rid of the crazy foul smell that was taking over my house (and my nose) by putting vanilla extract in the oven. It worked like a charm so I decided to try the same trick for a different problem.

Everyone in our house has been suffering from allergies and now we can go ahead and add seasonal colds to our ailments :( Last year during cold and flu season, Busy and the Beans got the snoofles. He was only a few months old so instead of coating him with Vicks, I picked up some eucalyptus oil at Whole Foods. He was still in an infant tub, so I filled the regular tub with a few inches of water and put a few drops of oil in, too. He was able to breathe the vapors (he didn't touch the oily water) and it worked amazingly!!! With Busy, and now with Beans as well, I fill the sink with water and put a few drops of oil in and shut the door. The vapors fill the bathroom and just as before, it works great!

Now for my new trick. Since it isn't realistic to spend the day in the bathroom, I decided to try putting the eucalyptus oil in a coffee cup and stick it in the oven on 350 degrees, just like I did with the vanilla extract. I put about 30 drops of oil in with a little water and within 15 minutes the entire house smelled nose-clearing fantastic!!! Success!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This ALMOST makes me look forward to one of us getting a cold so I can try it! Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete