Friday, October 19, 2012

Painting More Pumpkins...with glue?

Because we have an abundance of small decorating pumpkins and because we like to paint with just about anything, we decided to tackle an idea that I saw on TV this morning...paint a pumpkin with glue and decorate with GLITTER!!! Now let me tell you that although I love making a mess during the learning process, I really don't enjoy the mess that always accompanies glitter. Glitter leaves a different kind of mess that is crazy hard to clean up no matter how many times you vacuum. With that said, you can't deny a girl a little glitter time! So we gathered our materials and got to work.



You need any size pumpkin (we used a small decorating pumpkin to save glue and glitter), clear glue, a paint brush and some glitter. I would also suggest using a tray with a short lip to contain mess. I got mine at The Parent Teacher Store. It came as a tray for finger painting paper but I use it for a lot of our art projects.









All you have to do is pour a small amount of clear glue in a small bowl and paint the glue on the pumpkin. We talked about how much to use so the glue wouldn't drip down the sides of the pumpkin, wasting it. I asked her what she thought would happen to the glitter if we sprinkled it over part of the pumpkin that didn't have glue. When she had the amount of glue that she wanted, we held it over a trash can and sprinkled pink glitter all over it and put it back on the family table. I think it makes the table beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment