Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Responsibility

There are certain responsibilities that Busy has had for a while now. She is responsible for putting her shoes in the shoe box and hanging her ballet bag and school bag on the hooks when she comes in the front door. She is responsible for bringing her plate to the sink after dinner. She is responsible for cleaning up her toys when she is finished playing and right now also cleans up Beansie's toys while singing the clean up song to him :) Well, it's about that time for some more "big girl" responsibilities. I am a firm believer in visual prompts so I went online and found exactly what I was looking for at Homeschool Creations. I printed everything and headed to Kinkos to hard laminate it all! After cutting out all of the chore cards, I attached velcro dots and hung the chart on the fridge.




















There are 3 morning chores and 3 afternoon chores along with the possibility of 2 money earning chores. That's right, I said money earning chores. In my opinion, at this age there are some responsibilities that are expected of a child, and some that are a bonus. The chores that we have chosen as expected are things like make your bed, clean your room and pick up your toys. Chores that are money earning include those that may be a little more difficult or new to the chore chart like setting the table, feeding the dog and helping me put away your clean clothes. So, she gets one penny for completing one of those chores, but has to have completed all of her regular morning chores in order to get that penny. So far it has worked beautifully :) She actually loves checking the chart in the morning to see what she has to do that day (there are enough cards to rotate so the chores change daily) and once completed, she gets to check it off with a dry erase marker. Ah, responsibility is a good thing.



















2 comments:

  1. Hi, I came across your blog on pinterest, I went to the Homeschool Creations website to try and print off the preschool chore chart and chores and I am having difficulty. I click on the link and nothing happens. Did you have any difficulties?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous - I did not have any trouble printing off the chart and chores. Make sure you are clicking on the "preschool chore chart" colored link and not the "chore chart printables." If you still have trouble, let me know and I will be happy to print it off here and mail you what you need :) Keep me posted.

      Delete