Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Trick-or-Treat Bag


I saw this idea on Pinterest and knew that I had to do it! It is so easy, very inexpensive and quite frankly way cuter than the plastic jack-o-lanterns.


 I grabbed a cereal box from the recycling bin, the bag was from Dee's ($5.99) and I already had the fabric paint (but at Dee's it is $1.49) and the sponge brush ($.35).


Draw a jack-o-lantern face on the back of the cereal box side then cut out (preferably with an exacta knife for cleaner edges but scissors will do) the features to make the negative. 


Hold the stencil down tightly against the bag and dab on the paint with the sponge brush. If you use brush strokes, the paint will move onto the bag under the stencil and be sloppy, so make sure you dab in an up and down motion. I then used a pen top to tidy up the edges of the paint. 


Voila! Busy's trick-or-treat bag!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment