8 ounces uncooked linguine
1 pound chicken breast strips
1-2 tsp Cajun seasoning (or to taste)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup skim milk
1 tbsp flour
3 tbsp light cream cheese
fresh cracked pepper
2 scallions, chopped
salt to taste
What to do
1. Prep all your vegetables.
2. In a small blender make a slurry by combining milk, flour and cream cheese. Set aside.
3. Season chicken generously with Cajun seasoning.
4. Prepare pasta in salted water according to package directions.
5. Heat a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; spray with cooking spray and add the chicken. Sauté until done and set aside.
6. Add olive oil to the skillet and reduce to medium; add bell peppers, onions, and garlic to skillet, sauté 3-4 minutes.
7. Add mushrooms and tomatoes and sauté 3-4 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
8. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
9. Reduce heat to medium-low; add chicken broth and pour in slurry stirring for about 2 minutes.
10. Return chicken to skillet; adjust salt and Cajun seasoning to taste, cook another minute or two until hot, then add linguine; toss well to coat.
This particular recipe makes enough pasta to feed a small army so be prepared for a lot of left overs if you are feeding a family of 2 adults and 2 small kids.
Also, it takes about an hour from start to finish. My 'little chef' got tired of helping and waiting. Cutie :) It's not difficult, just time consuming.