Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Felt Christmas Tree

We have been out of town for the last two weekends, so we have not yet been able to get a tree :( In the spirit already and with no tree to decorate, I decided to make one that would hold us over. I have done this in the classroom and I also saw it here. I had all that I needed except for a large piece of felt so I headed to Hobby Lobby. While there I also found some polka dot and sparkly felt and couldn't resist.

Durning naps, I got to work tracing and cutting and glueing, and came up with this:


So far it's a huge hit!!! The kids love it and they can play with it independently. And I'm hoping it will help keep their hands off the real one when we finally get it :)

What you need:
a large piece of green felt for the tree 
felt in various patterns for the ornaments
scissors
various sizes of round things for tracing the ornaments
hot glue and gun (optional)

What to do:
1. Cut the tree from the large green felt. You can make it a more detailed tree, but I just cut out a triangle. 
2. Trace the round things on the felt pieces
3. Cut out the ornaments
4. You can use a hot glue gun to glue the bows on the presents and make 3D ornaments.


5. Put up the tree (I used 3M velcro. The kind that has the pull tab so it doesn't damage the walls) The felt sticks to the velcro.
6. Decorate the tree!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment