This is what you need:
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
paint and small brushes
What to do:
1. Mix together until dough forms then knead for 7 minutes
2. Use cookie cutters to make shapes
3. poke a hole with a straw so you can hang them.
4. Bake ornaments on an ungreased cookie sheet at 250 degrees for 2 hours
5. Let them cook completely before painting then let the paint dry before hanging them.
Of course you have to taste the dough before baking it.
It's not like cookie dough :p
Painting the ornaments was a lot of fun!
Then we used pipe cleaners instead of yarn to hang them because the pipe cleaners hold on to the branches better. They are sturdier and you can pinch them around the branch if your tree is droopy (or if your baby likes to touch them).
|my candy cane ornament|
|We also glued pipe cleaners to some of them.|
Hang the ornaments and pose for a Christmas picture :)