What you need:
- self laminating sheets
- tissue paper
- construction paper (we used red)
- glue stick
What you do:
- Cut the tissue paper in different shapes and sizes
- Cut the construction paper in the shape of a heart to make the frame
- Fold the laminating sheet in half then peel the backing off.
- Put tissue paper on ONE half of the sheet creating a stained glass look.
- Once the ONE side of the sheet is covered with tissue paper, carefully fold the other half over sealing the tissue paper in between the two sides.
- Place the construction paper heart over the folded sheet and trim along the outside to tidy up the frame.
- Hang your heart in the window to create a beautiful sun catcher!
|Steps 5 and 6|
The only tricky part about this activity is folding the laminating sheet to seal the tissue paper. There are a few bumps and ridges in ours, but you can't tell at all once it hangs in the sun. And in my opinion, perfection is overrated. Imperfection is much more interesting :)