The Everything Smoothie
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or soy milk or regular skim milk)
- 1/2 cup red grapes
- 1 medium orange, peeled, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 of a small carrot (I used about 5 mini carrots)
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup spinach, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened peach slices
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 of a banana (I used half)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix in the order listed and secure lid
- Select Smoothie program.
- Press start
- Allow machine to complete the program cycle, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
It makes about 3.5 cups of a most delicious smoothie.
- 1 roma tomato, quartered for divided use
- 4 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, divided use
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Place 1/4 tomato, 1/2 an avocado, onion, lemon juice, cilantro, and salt into the Vitamix in the order listed.
- Choose speed 2 and blend for 20 seconds or until ingredients are mixed
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend on speed 2 until ingredients are mixed.
- Don't over mix. You want it a little chunky (or maybe you don't).
It makes 3 cups of yummy guacamole.