Monday, March 4, 2013

Spinach Lime Sorbet (Green Ice Cream)

I have the BEST in-laws! They go above and beyond all the time, and wait for it...they keep my kids every Thursday so Super Dad and I can have a date night!!! They are kind, loving, honest and down right amazing :) So it shouldn't surprise me that when I mentioned in passing that I wanted a Vitamix for my birthday, Baba said "Let's get it!" My birthday isn't until July, but he insisted that he go ahead and get it for me. Of course I didn't argue, and now I have myself a brand new Vitamix 6300.

I promise I am not paid by Vitamix to promote their products, but I cannot say enough good things about this thing! It's like a blender, but it's not. It is MUCH more and does way more than your typical or even top of the line blender. We make smoothies every day for breakfast and so far every day Busy has asked for "green ice cream." I was skeptical at first about this recipe, but I am telling you IT IS SO GOOD!!!

Spinach Lime Sorbet

  • 1/4 Agave Nectar or honey
  • 1/4 of an avocado, peeled
  • 1/2 of a banana, peeled
  • 1 whole organic lemon, washed with the ends trimmed off (you don't peel the rind off)
  • 3 or 4 cups of fresh baby spinach *I have used 2 cups of spinach and 1 cup of carrots, too*
  • 3 cups of ice
Add ingredients in Vitamix in order listed making sure the lemon is on the bottom by the blade. Secure lid. Blend on high for about 40 seconds or until it is smooth with a uniform green color throughout. Use the tamper stick to push all of the ice down to blend. Look for the four leaf clover design that tells you that it is mixed and ready to eat. 

So, thank you to Nana and Baba for the incredible, albeit super early, birthday gift! Anything that can get my kiddos to eat spinach is nothing short of amazing ;)

There are also some more great recipes in the Vitamix book, but I got this one and some others here at Green Bean's Vitamix Machine. 




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this article post. I was looking for something like this. Your articles have inspires me a lot. I have new idea about the same topics in my blog. Thanks 
    Blendtec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will head over and check out some of your recipes!! We are always looking for something new to try :)

      Delete