What you need:
- Large craft sticks
- permanent marker
- a tall, opaque cup
What to do:
- Write words on the craft sticks - you can write sight words, spelling words, names or whatever words you might be working on with your child. One stick should have 'Zap It!' written on it.
- Put the sticks in the cup, words down.
- Take turns picking a stick from the cup and reading the word written on the stick.
- If you can read the word, you get to keep the stick. If you can't read the word, put the stick back in the cup.
- If you pull a stick that has the words 'Zap It!' written on it, the other player has to put all of his/her sticks back in the cup. The 'Zap It!' stick goes back in the cup as well.
- There really is no winner in this game, it's all about word practice. As Busy got good at reading all of the sight words, we started to play really fast which was a lot of fun!
*If you want to have a winner, don't put the 'Zap It!' stick back into the cup once it has been drawn once. The winner is the one with the most sticks once all of the sticks have been picked.