Thursday, August 1, 2013

Cotton Ball Painting

I'm writing this post from my phone, so if it comes out all wonkey, I apologize. 

I got this idea at littlestbirdstudio.blogspot.com. I had a 50% coupon at Hobby Lobby so I picked up a double pack of 8x10 canvases although you could use large white craft paper to save money. I just wanted it on canvas so I could hang it on the wall. 

What you need:
White craft paper or canvas
Paint
Cotton balls



What to do:
1. Dip the cotton ball in the paint
2. Drop or throw the colored cotton ball onto the paper. 
3. Repeat with all colors. 
We left the cotton balls on the paper until she was finished with the first layer. 
4. Take the cotton balls off then do another layer, mixing colors to make new ones. 
I told Busy to try to drop the new cotton balls on the original spots to try and make new colors. (For example; Yellow dropped on red will make orange)


Once finished, take all the cotton balls off, let it dry and hang it up in your art gallery! 



No comments:

Post a Comment