What to do:
1. Crush the chalk in the bowls using the fork
2. let the kids grab pinches of crushed chalk and put them in the water.
Busy and the Beans both liked creating "potions" and mixing colors.
After about 15 minutes I had to crush more chalk, but decided to do it a little differently.
1. Instead of crushing the chalk in small bowls with a fork, I broke the chalk sticks into fourths or thirds.
2. Put the pieces in the puddle and crush them by standing on them.
3. The chalk and water make a paste which was really great to play with. You can mix colors or "paint" with the paste.
|Crushed chalk in bowls|
*Note: After the puddles dry up, there is a slight chalk residue left on the sidewalk, but after the next big rain it had all washed away*