Sunday, February 23, 2014

An Invitation To Play With Flowers

Our invitation to play today was this:


That's it! I had some flowers in a vase in our entry (I LOVE fresh flowers and you will often find them around my house) that were starting to wilt and wither so I plucked them and put the pieces in a divided tray. Busy sat down at the table and immediately asked if we could make sun catchers! I grabbed the 
contact paper
scissors
and blue tape
and let her get to work. Everything looked so inviting and spring-like, that I even asked her if I could join in :) After an "of course!" I taped down some contact paper of my own and started to create.



After we were finished with our sun catchers we hung them in the dining room window above Busy's fairy garden. The light that comes through these windows (when the sun actually decides to shine this winter) is beautiful! I will have to add another picture when the sun is coming through ;)




I would really love some suggestions for different sun catchers! My kids love making them and I am looking for some variations. If you have some ideas, please leave a comment and we will try them! 




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a great way to use flowers that are beginning to wilt. I always thought you had to press them first but this looks easier without having to take that extra step. I'm putting this idea on our summer bucket list...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I am so glad you have a summer bucket list of activities!! This one is super easy and allows the kids to get really creative :) Have a great summer!!

      Delete