What You Need:
- Canvas or Paper
- Paper Plates
- Paint brushes
What To Do:
- Color words are in Busy's sight word stack so I wrote the color words on white paper plates and put paint on each plate.
- They started out by painting the body of the turkey, which they asked me to outline first.
- Then they painted their own hand one color at a time and pressed it one the canvas making the feathers of a turkey. Busy made the observation that real turkeys had various shades of brown feathers and that in fact their turkeys looked liked peacocks. Oh, well.
- They used their fingers to make eyes, beaks and gobblers.
- After the paintings dried, we put them on the entry table so guests saw them when they first walked in the house :)
They were so proud :) <3