This little gem is one of my favorite products of all time! I stumbled across it when I was teaching first grade. It is so great to use not just in winter (although it is pretty amazing in the winter), but all year long. It's called Insta-snow. I got this jar on Amazon. The kind I had years back was called Super Snow from DuneCraft (great website, btw). It's pretty fabulous and lasts for weeks!!
What you need:
- Insta-Snow or Super Snow
- a clear bowl (so the kids can see the reaction when added to water)
What to do:
- The instructions are on the jar and as long as you follow them pretty exactly, you will make snow!
- Once you mix the water in with the granules, the reaction is awesome and instant.
- When you have mix and made your snow, you can play to your hearts desire! Our favorite way to play with it is by spreading in out on the red tray. Then we write letters, sight words, shapes and numbers in the snow!! FUN!!
- You can store the snow in an air tight container and keep it in the fridge for weeks. Then every time you want to play, just take it out and go for it. And it's cold just like snow!! Like I said before, FUN!!
|And let it snow!!!|
|Writing sight words|
We tried storing some in baggies and putting it in the freezer...
That was cool, too. They liked using forks and knives to chisel it like ice.
Today Beansie asked to play with the snow again so we got it out of the fridge and he got to it… :)
This would make a great stocking stuffer or gift!! We seriously play with this all the time!
And for another idea, this post is about how I used it for word families. Have fun!!