If you ask my kids what kind of project they want to do, 90% of the time they will say "PAINT!" They don't seem to have a preference as to what kind of painting, exactly, they just like to create new things with paint :) So yesterday they chose liquid watercolors (my personal favorite) and they wanted to make fireworks to celebrate the new year. Busy typically doesn't actually want to paint with paintbrushes so she suggested they paint with empty paper towel rolls and make them look like fireworks.
What You Need:
- baking soda
- shaving cream
- vinegar in a spray bottle
- Pour the desired amount of baking soda in the sensory bin or container.
- Add shaving cream in small amounts until snow has reached desired consistency. You want it moldable without sticking to your hands.
- Let them play with it. It's even cold, like snow! Then when they start to lose interest, introduce the spray bottle of vinegar!!
- Let them spray the vinegar on the snow and watch it bubble and fizz!!
After all of our New Year's Eve celebrations, we ended the fun with a NYE snack of banana cupcakes!! I saw them here a while back and figured today was a great time to give them a try :)
We had so much fun and hope that 2015 brings more fun and adventure!! Happy New Year!! :)