I told you to check back for more print making ideas and here you are!! Thanks for that :) This time we made our own rollers with puffy stickers and paper tubes. The kids loved this process!
What You Need:
- empty paper towel or toilet paper roll
- 3D stickers (the puffy kind that sticks up off the paper)
- paint and a tray
- paper long enough to roll the print (if you don't have long paper,
tape some pieces together)
What To Do:
1. Peel the stickers and stick them on the paper towel roll (fine motor...check)
2. This step could happen one of two ways. Busy decided that she wanted to use a paint brush
to paint the stickers one by one. "Doing it this way, I can control the color and amount of paint that goes on each sticker."
2. Beansie decided to roll the roller in the paint. "I saw my friend, Georgia, do it this way when we painted like this at school." I love that they have done this at school!! He wanted a "brownish" color.
3. When the stickers are covered in paint, roll the roller on the long paper, making prints.
We talked about the similarities and differences between the two prints and at the
kid's request, the paper runner is still on our kitchen floor!