A few years ago, my amazing in-laws gave me a Vitamix for my birthday. And I can't say enough about how much I love it!! We make smoothies, ice cream, soups and dips with it. It is truly my favorite appliance! Anyway, I decided I wanted one when we were at Costco one weekend when they were doing a demonstration with the Vitamix. The girl made this green ice cream that was so healthy and so easy! But the best part was that my kids actually went back for 3rds and 4ths! I honestly stood there with my mouth open (it had 3 whole cups of spinach and they loved it) and declared then and there that I had to have this wonderful machine. And when I got it for my birthday, green ice cream was the first thing I made :)
What You Need:
- 1/4 of a cup of HONEY or AGAVE
- 1 WHOLE LEMON with the ends cut off (yes, skin and all. This is why I use an organic lemon)
- 1/4 of an AVOCADO
- 1/2 of a BANANA
- about 3 cups of SPINACH
- about 2 cups of ice (add more if it's too runny once mixed)
- I sometimes throw in some mini carrots or mix half and half spinach and kale, too
- Put the ingredients in the Vitamix in the order listed.
- Mix until blended into a creamy ice cream texture.
- Eat up!!
- If we end up with leftovers (which is rare) I put it in our popsicle molds and pop them in the freezer to eat later.
Although I am quite fond of my Vitamix and would recommend it to anyone, I am certain you make green ice cream in another similar blender type appliance, so please do! I promise you won't be disappointed. The best way to describe the taste in the hopes of enticing you, is to tell you it tastes a lot like that frozen lemonade you get at the fair. Delicious!!