What You Need:
- Paint - we used finger paint this time
- Rain :)
What To Do:
- Paint on the paper however you wish. This time Busy decided she wanted to section off the paint on the paper in color blocks.
- Set the paper out in the rain. We put it in the grass in case there was any run off from the paper.
- You want to check your paper every so often depending not the amount of rain falling. Here it was a steady light rain so it took about 30 minutes to get the full effect. You don't want to leave it out too long because the water will soak through and fall apart.
- Set it on a paper towel inside to dry.
- Hang it up to admire!
|She decided to overlap the primary colors to make some secondary ones :)|
|We made the observation that the rain washed the paint away in some places, making|
it lighter, and "gooped" it up in other places.
Busy suggested that the "gooped" up places were from where she painted the paint on thicker.
|Then up it went on the fridge, aka "The Art Gallery." :)|
You can use any paint with this project! This was finger paint but she wants to try tempura paint next time. She did make the prediction that water colors might not work because they may get washed away completely. We'll have to experiment with that one ;)