Friday, October 28, 2016

Spin Art

Ah, fall. The leaves are changing, the air is crisp, football is on and you can't get through a weekend without a good ole Fall Festival. Busy had her school fall fest again this year and it was a blast! There were tons of activities including fishing, bounce houses, a cake walk, face painting and spin art! And speaking of spin art, I have always loved this activity! I love strategically placing the paint drops on the paper then watching it spin and spread out in all directions. This year at the spin art table, Busy mentioned that she wished we could do it at home. "WE CAN!" I told her (probably too loud and excitedly) I told her all we have to do is find a way to spin paper fast enough to force the paint out on the paper. So I got to thinking, and went to Goodwill. As we were walking around I told her that we were looking for something that could spin...fast. She had the great idea of an old record player but we decided that it would need a cover of some kind and that one didn't. So we kept looking. We eventually came to the kitchen isle and when my eyes turned to the 4 salad spinners on the shelf, I knew we had found it! She experimented with spinning all 4 and settled on the one that she thought spun the fastest. 

We got the spinner home and got to work...

What To Do:
1. Cut paper to fit into the salad spinner
2. Put dabs of paint on the paper in any apttern
3. Close the lid and SPIN!! 


You get different designs depending on how you arrange the paint drops. 








So there you have it! Spin art doesn't have to be an activity you get to do at fall festivals or art parties.  You can do it home without buying a paint spinner. All you need is salad spinner...circa 1977 ;) 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know much about the Spin Art. But, I am amazed to see the spin art of a cute little girl. She is expert in her art and work. Our youth have talent and we can see that. Good job girl

    ReplyDelete